January 27, 2013

What old men do in the afternoon

I listened today to Radio 4's Something Understood, which you can hear Sundays at 3 pm (I listen on iTunes, but you can also pick up Radio 4 here).  Today's theme was the changing nature of identity.  Supposedly one's cells switch over every seven years, so we really are not the same us as we used to be.  The show was a thoughtful meditation on this with some enjoyable readings and those lulling British accents that make you feel smart for listening to them.

It did get me wondering, though.  Browsing through some older entries in this "blog" I ran across this moment of self-assessment, in which I learned that my closest political correlate was the Dalai Lama.  So, a bit further down the road, how have I changed?  Amazingly, the link in the original post still works - click here, and you can thoroughly assess your political beliefs through a multi-page form.

So I did it again:



http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/DoctorX/Compass_zpsef65962a.jpg

Lefty libertarian, eh?  I wonder how that compares to great world leaders...

 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/DoctorX/IntlChart_zps5ac981d9.jpg

 Well, the cells may change, but Gunga Galunga, apparently, is forever...


4 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

I'm pretty close.

Economic Left/Right:
-3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.31

January 27, 2013 at 7:54 PM  
Blogger JAB said...

Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.41

The Dalai Lama? that sellout!

January 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger The Other Front said...

I hate to break it to you, but this information leads me to suspect you may have an advanced case of anarcho-syndicalism.

January 28, 2013 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger JAB said...

What's your point?

January 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home