March 27, 2004

TAKE ME BACK TO IBIZA

If you're like me, you have wistful memories of Ibiza - the raves, the affairs, the final DJ showdown with your archrival at the end of the '98 season... But, as I think back on it, my most precious memories are of those quiet afternoons recovering at Cafe del Mar, alternating between Perrier and black coffee as I browsed the Financial Times. And quietly, gently, unobtrusively, DJ Jose Padilla moved the furniture of my mind as surely as a Feng Shui master. It could never be the same after he left, of course, but who'd have thought DJ Bruno could step in with such alacrity, navigating between the Scylla of slavish imitation and the Charybdis of pointless novelty? And by that last beautiful summer, of course, we could hardly imagine the place without him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home