June 29, 2004

Today on SciFi!

Vacation time, and I'm takin' it easy for all you sinners. One thing I like to do on vacation is read the TV schedule. I can't work the remote on my mom's TV, but I figure I get more out of reading about TV than I do out of watching it.

It's come to my attention that this is a special day on the SciFi channel. What is great about science fiction is that it opens a universe of possibilities -- anything can happen! But even the wildest dreams of speculative fiction could not have predicted that today, June 29, 2004, we would witness the Starman marathon (or "Starmanathon") on the SciFi channel.

Now, I've never seen this show (I might have been accidentally exposed to the sucky movie it was based on, but I've mostly suppressed the memory), but here's what I (and you, I hope) are missing:

7:00 AM Starman: Society's Pet. Guest Janet Leigh. (TVG) (cc)

8:00 AM Starman: Starman's arrest leads to a mystery. (cc)

9:00 AM Starman: Blind girl learns Starman is an alien. (cc) [Perhaps the name "Starman" tipped her off.]

10:00 AM Starman: Guest David Spielberg. (TVG) (cc)

11:00 AM Starman: Hitchhiker steals Starman's car. (cc)

NOON Starman: Starman, Scott split in Mexico. (cc)

1:00 PM Starman: Con men save Starman from Fox. (cc)

2:00 PM Starman: Starman invited to photograph a wedding. (cc) [Where's Tivo when you need it?]

3:00 PM Roswell: Liz and Max adjust to a new reality. (cc)

4:00 PM Sliders: Overworked citizens attend fantasy camps. (cc)

5:00 PM Stargate SG-1: Unas holds Daniel. (cc)

6:00 PM Alien Fury: Countdown to Invasion (TVPG, '00) (cc)

[I'm pleased to see that the SciFi channel provides closed captioning for all of their programming, so that deaf people can hate this crappy channel, too.]

2 Comments:

Blogger Undersecretary to the Deputy Commissariat said...

If they ever get Battlestar Galactica off the ground, I'm theirs.

In an attempt to communicate with the Laird in the most inefficient way conceivable, this note:

Hey, I'm dropping my daughter off at my wife's office at 5:30 tonight. Should I stop by?

June 29, 2004 at 2:55 PM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

I am still mad at the sci-fi channel for cancelling Mystery Science Theatre 2000. But just who isn't the Viceroy mad at?

June 29, 2004 at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home