February 28, 2007

blogger problems

Where there is only one admin member on the blog, that person becomes the new owner of the blog after they switch to the new version of Blogger. If there are multiple admins, then the last person to switch becomes the new owner. The other members will still have admin rights, but the new owner will be the permanent member and owner of the blog. So if you have a team blog that fits this description (i.e. the original creator is no longer part of the blog) you can coordinate among your members to decide who will take ownership of it.

Long and short of it is: I think some of our members haven't updated to the new blogger yet. We can either cooridinate pulling everyone but one person's admin rights, and then they migrate to the new version.

Or it's just buggy and this won't fix things anyway.

Comments?

8 Comments:

Blogger The Sum of All Monkeys said...

BTW: I have a hunch the corresponding secretary general is the "new blogger holdout"

But it's only because she's the only one showing up under a pseudonym on the admins page.

February 28, 2007 at 11:53 PM  
Blogger JAB said...

I am given to understand there have been privacy concerns with setting up google accounts- not myself, obviously. As an artist I am a shameless publicity craver.

Oddly the status quo seems to be functioning well enough, except for posting commments.

Have these cookie concerns be addressed? Does our phalanx of experts have protective trickery available?

March 1, 2007 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

OK. I may have been one of the holdouts but I am now Googlefied. I feel so dirty!

March 1, 2007 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger The Sum of All Monkeys said...

I think I managed to make the viceroy the owner.

Try upgrading the blog now, and if that fails please give me back admin rights.

Blogger: It's worth every penny!

March 1, 2007 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

OK. I attempted to upgrade the blog but (I think) it suggested that there was still an original member who had not upgraded.

I have whapped the admin ball back into your court Sum.

Thanks

March 2, 2007 at 3:58 PM  
Blogger The Sum of All Monkeys said...

No worky

Other than deleting and re-adding everyone, I'm not sure how to proceed.

March 4, 2007 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Corresponding Secretary General said...

Sorry my dears; a rotten cold has kept me away from the keyboard for a few days. I just upgraded myself and seem to have lost my admin rights.

But I hope I'm no longer the problem.

March 5, 2007 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger Undersecretary to the Deputy Commissariat said...

I thought I'd upgraded weeks ago, but just to be safe I tried it again. It's telling me that the blog owner hasn't upgraded.

I am surprised to find that I now own the eliteforceofN blog. At least its upgrade went smoothly.

March 5, 2007 at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home