February 18, 2007

I find a new musician I like...

Having firmly entered the ranks of middle age, where I characterize the stuff that younger people listen to as "unpalatable"

Okay I'll 'fess up, I actually say "That noise you kids listen to..."

Anyway, it's pretty rare I find a new artist where every new song I hear gets stuck in my head, and pretty much everything they've written is enjoyable. It's not the sort of music that engenders a sense of "I'm cool", or "cutting edge", but like They Might Be Giants it's good enough that you think...

I just really like it.


Besides, he's friends with (as my lovely wife puts it) my man crush John Hodgman.

Need I say more?

Oh right. As the First Sea Lord once said "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

So here's some links to some of my current favorites.

Skullcrusher Mountain. (previously posted about)
Code Monkey
Chiron Beta Prime
RE: Your Brains
My Monkey

Or the whole damn lot of everything he's done.

He's playing here in SF Monday night.

Curse my parents for visiting and demanding to see their granddaughter this weekend (it's not like she's on the other side of the country from them... oh wait)

2 Comments:

Blogger JAB said...

I would love to rock out to this- and will, as soon as I order and receive the new computer.

IN the meanwhiles, I will enjoy these hilarious lyrics.

February 20, 2007 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger VMM said...

Wow. That kid's good!

February 20, 2007 at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home