October 31, 2008

Convicted Felon Ted Stevens Losing It

Up there in The Alaska, Ted Stevens keeps repeating the deluded notion that he wasn't convicted of anything:

I’m not going to step down. I have not been convicted. I have a got a case pending against me, and probably the worst case of prosecutorial -- misconduct by the prosecutors -- that is known. I had a talk this afternoon, with one of the attorneys here, a former U.S. attorney, who told me he was appalled by what went on in that case.

So I think you’ll find out. I will succeed and I will be found innocent.


Is he that arrogant? That stupid? That committed to seeking some last ephemeral political advantage by the kind of lie best described as pointing at a night sky and saying "sunny?"

I was satisfied with him losing the trial and the Senate seat (assuming he does,) and retiring in well-deserved disgrace without prison time. But this attitude tells me how out of line, how arrogant, how power-drunk, and therefore how dangerous to the Republic, he really is.

The punishment in Rome for public corruption was tying him up in a bag with snakes and tossing him in the Tiber. Out of respect for his years of lack of respect for the American public, let's just send convicted felon Ted Stevens up for hard time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home