May 04, 2014

Get that weak normative shit out of here

Neil deGrasse Tyson sees no point to philosophy:  “Why are you wasting your time?”  (link)

Because I can, motherfucker.  I'm a cogitating primate, and that's what I do.

Give me an Oppenheimer, who at least knew what he was playing at:
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.

1 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

He should face off against that big-time philosopher who has that philosophy show on network TV.

May 4, 2014 at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home