October 07, 2004

Seeking Career Advice

Well, the Liquitex campaign photo shoot is over, and I'll be appearing in an interview in a series of spots for their 50th anniversary, along with the other famous art Jamie, Wyeth (son of Andrew), in one or another major art magazines, thus getting me in the back door. Much to their credit, the interview had almost nothing to do with the paint (which, thank god for my internal sense of ethics, I happen to like and in fact need to create this side body of work) and the experience has so far been very pleasant and free of that certain queasy feeling.

I just got a call from the Seattle Art Museum sales gallery, minor offshoot though it be, and I'm getting yet more possibilities for the Arctic expedition, and possibly two or maybe three useful small shows in Seattle in the upcoming year.

All small steps, to be sure, but I suddenly have to face an odd problem: What if this all actually starts working? I have no plan for this contingency.


5 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

Sell out, I urge you!

October 7, 2004 at 6:06 PM  
Blogger Viceroy De Los Osos said...

Vegas Baby, Vegas!

October 7, 2004 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger JAB said...

Yes, yes, these are all excellent suggestions... for me to poop on.

October 7, 2004 at 7:39 PM  
Blogger Corresponding Secretary General said...

Sorry, all I can think to add at the moment is find a good woman and mistreat her, in the grand tradition of artists! Oh, and paint my portrait.

We should all have such problems, Love Chunk!

October 7, 2004 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Undersecretary to the Deputy Commissariat said...

I'd be happy to redo your website top to bottom every week...for a fee.

October 7, 2004 at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home