December 05, 2004

Duelling Drews

As you all I know I have never wavered in my support for my hero Drew Bledsoe, except for that game a few weeks ago where he got pulled and the Boston Globe declared his career over. So he went out and whipped the Seahawks last week. This week he did what good QBs are supposed to do: he rained death on a poor team, going 19-30 for 257 yards with four TDs and zero interceptions. (That's the critical stat - Bledsoe often has respectable numbers until you get to the interception line - this good game brought his YTD TDs almost in line with his interceptions.) So, his career is dead, yet he walks among the living - heretofore thou shalt be...Drew Undeadsoe!

And in San Diego Drew Brees didn't have a great game, going 14-27 for just 106 yards, with no TDs and an interception. I'd be tempted to point out that this was a wholly ineffective performance, expect that his team won against a very tough opponent and took control of the AFC West. I don't wish to alarm you, but the Chargers have clinched their first winning season since the year I moved to San Francisco.

1 Comments:

Blogger VMM said...

I'm down with the Chargers, y'all -- but they really dodged a bullet yesterday.

BTW: blue states have improved their margin over red states this week to 108-83.

December 6, 2004 at 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home