October 07, 2006

Enter The Departed

Dr. X posts this from a graveyard in Hong Kong:

"Always ahead of the trends, this blog noted the excellent Hong Kong film Infernal Affairs back in 2004 (see the Laird's review here).

"Now The Departed, Scorcese's remake for the American market, has arrived. Reviews are good - reading between the lines it may be so good some critics don't quite get it yet. The Chronicle critic gives it a good-ish review, then says "when I walked out of 'The Departed' and left the San Francisco Centre, Mission Street looked like a very evil place. In fact, everything looked evil and dangerous, until I went home and had a drink."

"That doesn't sound good-ish to me, that sounds great-ish.

"I'm too scared to go see it, so I'll see what you all say first."

1 Comments:

Blogger JAB said...

It's not Goodfellas, but it's pretty damn fine.

October 7, 2006 at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home