July 30, 2008

The Acme of Mediocre Productivity Advice

I urge you to waste time and read this remarkably mediocre article in the New York Times on productivity and life organizing. There is little subtext- it is simply so bad as to be remarkable. This advice is bereft of useful letters, let alone sentences.

We sabotage ourselves by writing down things like “Plan the anniversary party” or “Learn French.”
I am so amazed by it's utter uselessness that I am indulging one of the worst blogging habits, random media complaining, and saying that this well-intentioned little tidbit on life-habit tips was so useless as to produce anger and dismay, and a kind of dry irony that is almost but not quite funny, in such a way that it too constitutes a waste of time, and in that element, is ironic enough to almost be worth posting, but not quite.

I was so annoyed with this article that not only was my time was wasted, but I intend to erode the productivity of others in order to balance it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home