January 29, 2009

Isengard.Gov: Blazing New Link Trails

A forward from the President in Exile- you know the guy with the science book prize from some left wing media cabal- links both Fox News and Entertainment Weekly.

You know I love weird band names. “Hornets Attack Victor Mature” is still my favorite. So I enjoyed this short post and the related Fox News interview, which is heavily bleeped.

http://stereogum.com/archives/video/fucked-up-on-fox-news_048691.html#more

Fucked Up are quickly becoming the most popular "fuck" band, at least of the current crop of "fuck" bands: Fuck Buttons, the Fucking Wrath, Holy Fuck!, Total Fucking Destruction, Starfucker, Jackie-O Motherfucker, Fuck The Facts, the Fucking Champs (do they count as "current"?), etc. Why? The Chemistry of Common Life is a really good album -- one of '08s best -- but the Torontonians have also embraced the old-fashioned publicity stunt and/or album tie-in. Can't blame them, life is rough in the lightbulb factory, especially in this economy. As far as crossover, take a look at Pink Eyes/Damian Abraham's recent appearance on Fox News' Red Eye. Greg Gutfeld loves the band (and their antics). In fact, he says of Abraham, "If musical genius were a satellite dish, I'd screw him on my roof."

Also, the following is a funny interview. I know you don’t usually link to Entertainment Weekly, but it really is:

One of your new songs, ''Not Fair,'' is about a boyfriend who isn't very good in bed. Are you saying some men are not just naturally great at sex?
That's what I'm saying. I've witnessed it.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20254990,00.html




If I may add, I am disappointed that my latest addition to the language, the interjection "Fuckbeans!" has not been picked up as a band name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home